Mon, Sep 18|
The Art of Meditation 101 | INTRO SESSION - SEP 18
We are excited to offer you a step to step experiential course on to how to meditate. Strengthen resilience through mindful self-care practices for a more balanced and harmonious life. This is a single complimentary intro session! All are welcome to try.
Time & Location
Sep 18, 7:00 p.m. – 8:05 p.m.
Oakville, 251 Lakeshore Rd E, Oakville, ON L6J 1H9, Canada
About the event
Join us in this five sessions experiential workshop, discover and experience the physical, mental, energectic and spiritual benefits. Learn the foundations to help you approach the practice with confidence. Integrate it progresively as part of your daily selfcare rituals. Everyone is welcome.
Each week is presented with a new topic for discussion followed by a 30 minutes guided meditation.
DAYS: Monday September 25, October 2, 9, 16 & 23.
TIME: 7:00 - 8:15 pm.
In our time together you will learn the tools to:
- Break free from negative thoughts
- Cultivate self-observation rather than self-judgment
- Develop inner peace and self-love
- Cultivate a balance, harmoniuous and equanimous mindset
- Nurture a deeper and more compassionate understanding of our complex world
- Live your life and connect with those around you from a genuine place
During the workshop we will cover:
- Meditation as a science, Handling resistance, myths about meditation, taming the butterfly brain.
Practice: Dropping in the here and now, Breath Meditation
- The importance of meditation, main benefits what is in it for us?.
Postures to meditate, setting the stage and preparing for meditation.
Practice: Seating meditation: Body scan
- Mindfulness concepts, Formal and Informal Meditation
Practice: Hour Glass Meditation. Guided visualization
- Integrating Mindfulness into daily life, Informal Mindfulness Meditation,
Practice : Mindful Movement, Walking Meditation
- Cultivating acceptance and kindness, harmony and equanimity of mind.
- Achieving vs Accepting, Meditation to rebalancing life
Practice: Creative visualization
What do you need
Comfortable loose clothing, a bottle of water
If you have your own meditation pillow feel free to bring it along (the studio provides one)
THE ART OF MEDITATION |101
This ticket includes a complimentary intro session on September 18